15 March 2018
1. Can we submit up to 7 relevant projects?
As per the requirement, we only need five (5) relevant projects.
2. If we opt for a JV, we are allowed now to submit up to 6 to 7 pages max for the Technical and Professional Capabilities? Because it is difficult to summarize their capabilities in one (1) page.
The number of page indicated in the Expression of Interest form is for strict compliance. Firms need only to identify major credentials of each personnel who will be part of the team.
3. When could the winning designer reasonably expect to commence real design services?
The winning designer will take part in the detailed architectural and engineering design, which will take place from December 2018 to June 2019. Please be advised that this schedule/timeline may be subject to change or modification.
4. When will the Design and Build Contractor for the development of the New Senate Building be brought on board?
Procurement of Design and Build Contractor is scheduled to take place from July to October 2018. Design and Build contractor will be on board by the last quarter of 2018. Please be advised that this schedule/timeline may be subject to change or modification.
5. What is the proposed time frame for the project development?
After a concept design is selected in May, the project timeline will run from April 2018 to March 2021. This includes preparation of performance specifications and parameters, procurement of services for the design, and build and detailed architectural and engineering design. Construction implementation shall begin in December 2018 until December 2020. Please be advised that this schedule/timeline may be subject to change or modification.
6. How much is the stipend/ fee that will paid to each of the competitors to create the Concept Design in the stage 2 competition?
A stipend amounting to Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 2,500,000.00) will be provided to each shortlisted firm.
7. Can you please reconfirm that the actual competition time frame will be limited to a strict eight (8) weeks?
Yes, the preparation of the concept design shall take place on March 24, 2018 until May 18, 2018.
8. Can you please confirm that only five (5) maximum design firms or consortiums will be shortlisted to participate?
Yes, in the first stage of the competition, we will shortlist five (5) design firms based on the submitted Expression of Interest (EOI). All firms that will submit their EOIs before the deadline will be evaluated based on the ratings indicated in the EOI form.