The Global Conceptual Design Competition has two (2) stages:
STAGE 1: Open Call for Participation
The first stage is a Call for Participation to all technically competent firms, local and international, to register their interest and take part in the design competition.
Interested participants are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) along with information detailing the following:
● Team / Company Information
● Technical and Professional Capabilities
● Relevant Experience
At this stage, NO DESIGN is required.
The deadline for submission of requirements is on 16 March 2018 at 5:00 PM (Philippine Standard Time). Submissions may be sent only through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Competition is open to all qualified and registered firms with the following minimum qualifications:
● Multi-disciplinary Firm with expertise in Green Building Design
● At least five (5) years’ business operation in Architectural Design
Preferably, each team must have the following key members:
● Lead Design Architect
● Green Building Professional
● Landscape Architect
● Interior Designer
● Structural Engineer
The Selection Committee will review the qualifications of the participants and come up with a shortlist of five (5) qualified participants that will move to the next stage.
The shortlisted participants will be notified on 23 March 2018 through e-mail.
The Selection Committee assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged entries or those received beyond the deadline. It also reserves the right to refuse any entry in the Design Competition and to disqualify a submission on grounds of non-compliance with the requirements.
STAGE 2: Consultation, Preparation, and Submission of the Conceptual Design
I. Consultation Meeting and Preparation of the Conceptual Design
The Shortlisted Firms shall be invited for a consultation meeting and will be provided with a comprehensive brief and information kit of the Project.
Relative to this, each Shortlisted Firm shall be given a total stipend of PhP 2.5 million, inclusive of tax, which they may use in the preparation of their proposed design and the following materials for submission:
A. Board Presentation of the Design (5 - A0 size)
B. Executive Report of the Design containing the following:
b.1. Summary and discussion of the proposed design based on the following design criteria:
● Sustainability/Green Building Design
b.2. Site Development Plan with scale and labels
b.3. Floor plans and elevation with dimensions
b.4. Design specifications and parameters
b.5. Interior perspectives of the session hall, lobby, museum, executive rooms and offices
b.6. Cost Estimates
C. Audio-Visual Presentation of the Design (max. 2 min)
D. Scale Model (scale to be announced)
The manner and schedule of the release of the stipend shall be discussed during the consultation meeting.
II. Submission of Conceptual Design
1. The deadline for submission of the conceptual design shall be on 18 May 2018 at 5:00 PM (Philippine Standard Time).
2. The Technical Evaluation Committee shall conduct the review and technical evaluation of the final entries and submit their findings to the Senate Committee on Accounts on 24 May 2018.
3. The Shortlisted Firms shall present their conceptual design to the The Senate Committee on Accounts on 28 May 2018. The Winner of the competition will be announced on the same day. The Senate Committee on Accounts has the discretion to select the winning concept design, subject to the confirmation of the Members of the Senate.
4. The Firm with the winning Design will have a chance to undertake the Detailed Architectural Design of the Project upon successful selection of the Design and Build Contractor for the development of The New Senate Building Project.
5. The Competition Committee reserves the right to withdraw or suspend the competition anytime, or declare a failure of competition or resubmission of entries should it find the entries unsatisfactory.